Thank you for your ongoing support and solidarity to our branch campaigns.
We are inviting you to join our protest outside of the hearing of suspended Unite convenor Bryan Kennedy on Wednesday 23rd April 12.30-1.30pm at One Housing Group Head Office, 100 Chalk Farm Rd, NW1. (Nearest Tube Chalk Farm)
On 12th February 2014 Bryan Kennedy, Project Manager and Unite Workplace Convener at One Housing Group was suspended from his job pending an investigation. It is the view of this Branch that Bryan has been targeted as a direct result of his trade union activities.
In 2013, One Housing Group (OHG) hit the headlines for all the wrong reasons. Unite members there fought a long battle with management over sickening reductions in the salaries of frontline workers (some up to 30%) despite record surpluses at the association and an 11% pay rise for the Chief Executive of around £30k.
Members have taken part in a consultative ballot voting 84% in favour of strike action to defend lead Bryan Kennedy.
At a follow up meeting of members to the ballot results, there was clear anger at this attack and as it was seen as a direct link to the successful battles against pay cuts over the last year.
Reps and members will be standing firm to continue to fight for a pay rise, challenge the poverty pay for ‘sleep ins’ and other injustices in the workplace.
WHAT CAN YOU DO?
1. Join our protest and forward information to your members or supporters locally.
2. Send Messages of support to Bryan and Unite members at OHG in this campaign.
3. Lend us your social networking profile for the day with an ‘I’m Bryan’
photo and add the weblink
. Follow us on Twitter @unitehousing
, re-tweet and hashtag ‘I’mBryan
4. If you can’t get to the protest please wear unite/union campaign material on the day and discuss with others locally.
5. Get involved and active in your union campaigns in the workplace and wider community. This is attack on collective organising, together we are stronger!
Arti Dillon, Cheryl Mcleod, Kingsley Abrams, Adam Lambert, David Oladele
FANCY A FILM OR TWO?!
Our branch has sponsored the Labour Film Festival
which begins on the 28th April.